Friday, July 28, 2006

Its Good To Be Home!

Well folks, did you miss me, or just glad I had disappeared for a spell? We partners in eating the tasty flesh of poor "doe eyed" helpless critters thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the Great United States of America, land of the free and Home of the brave! I intentionally stayed away from most of the news that had been going on, though I had caught a few lines here and there, in particularly about Israel doing some serious arse kicking. Mostly though, we just spent time with the family and catching up on time that had past us by.

It had been about two years (at least) since I saw my oldest brother, and we spent many hours discussing his tour of duty in A-stan. Funny how one's first hand experience seems to follow what my assertation has been about that situation. Now in some months ahead (I shall not say how many) his National Guard Unit shall be visiting the glorious sands of Iraq next. Or perhaps not depending on how things go in world, but it is nonetheless in the future as of this moment in time.


The middle brother (also my elder) living in the great state of Alabama just a stone's throw away from Ft. Benning was able to join the rest of family for the past two weeks. He too was activated due to the war against Islam (for those that do not understand, it is Islam that causes the majority of the terror thus the name given). It had been three years, or perhaps 3 1/2 since we last laid our eyes upon each other.


Visiting old friends, and neighbors alike was of the upmost joy for us. Even with the drastic change and ravages of time on my geriatric friends, it was still a time to be cherished. Some mourned, some hugged, all loved.


Well fellow bone chewers, that is just about it for tonight, perhaps tomorrow I will get back on the ball do some real blogging that you are more accustomed to.


Carnivore.

2 Comments:

At 8/01/2006 3:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

 
At 8/05/2006 6:37 PM, Blogger Legendary Pink Dot said...

Hey, great to have you back! Now I need to read your other entries, they look good so far!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home